15 July 2008

Acer Aspire E Recovery & Acer 2920 Set UP

As mention in my previous post, E Recovery to Factory Software and configuration only took 10 min, and then it auto setup, around 30 min to reload all items. It when well . It took me the rest of the day to set up the computer to my liking and configuration.
.
First I set up the desk top to the a photo I took with my Fuji S700, and then set the screen saver to play the at random some of my best photos. (by left clicking on the screen and click on personalise)
.
Next Step was looking into the Side Bar, Remove all the standard items from there and started to download a Digital Photo Date Display, a Network Meter, a CPU usage meter , the temperature and CPU usage gauge, and a calculator. Unfortunately i could not fit in another gadget call a control system with clock, where I can shut down, lock the computer.
.
I then ensure the speaker is activated, open the start, and look for and check the Windows Defender to ensure that its active and set to scan at a time the Laptop will be on. I then uninstall the Mac Affee Anti Virus program (on trail) and then downloaded the AVG, install, and configure it to auto upload (at a time where i will be on line) and to auto scan (during the time i will be in meeting)
.
Next up is download the Microsoft Reader, and set the launch control to my home page and the web base e mail i use. Launch the Internet Explorer and set the home page as well. I then down load the VSO image resize, down load and configure the MSM instant Messenger, and down load win amp.
.
This plus my normal work took me from 7am till 6pm, there will more work to do tomorrow, with down loads for 2 printers, a HP380 which i own, and a Cannon for the office. I am thinking of downloading Firefox, Skyp,, Quick time, and some photo software.
.

1 comment:

cheap computers said...

The laptops, which come in both 18.4-inch and 16-inch versions, include a Blu-Ray disc drive, full high-definition (HD) LCD screens and support for the Dolby Pro Logic 2.0 surround-sound audio system.