7 July 2008

Time for a New Note Book Computer

Time for a New Note Book Computer
.
It time for me to get a New Note Book computer, My current Notebook (which I purchase 2nd hand) is feeling it’s age. It’s symptoms include very Slow Boot up time (5min), It will slow down when switching applications, it Hangs when shutting down, Batteries is practically dead 30 min only and I just purchase another acdc adaptor for it. I have it close to 2 years already, and who know how long was if running before I purchase it.
.
It is a Acer Travermate 2300 series with a 15in screen, Celeron 1.5 Ghz, 40 gb Harddisk DVD – RW, with 256MB DDR, it has serve me well.
.
I have in fact been looking for a long time, various Notebook, sub note books and net books, but it still come back to a Note Book that have a bit of power to handle graphics especially now I am actively taking Photographs, and Small. Financial it is going to be a strain, but thank to cost saving I think i can manage, In view of my productivity time and that my home & finance minister want me to get a computer for my daughters.
.
One of my colleagues just bought a Acer Aspire 4920, for RM2499, which appear decent enough for me with Dou Core Processor 2Ghz, 160gb hard disk, 2Gb of DDR ram, and a 14 in screen. (it seem that the whole department staffs that need a computer, have purchase Acer for various reasons.) Then I saw the Acer advertisement for a Acer Aspire 2920-6A2G16 for just a RM100 more, same specs4920 as the except for a 12 in screen, Looks perfect for me.
.
I want to Prangin Mall, (Convenient car park, numerous computer shop), and started walking around. Shop 1 say yes we have, but to order, Shop 2 say, we don’t sell Acer, Shop 3 say yes, we have any time, in fact why don’t you try it out now, we have a demo set. Great!
.
And the best it is Pineapple Computer, a Computer shop that is around from the 086 days, Some how or other then my first 086 desk top, computer shop I purchase, does not last long.
.
The Manager demonstrated the Laptop to me and I tried it out, key pad is a bit smaller I think, I have to adjust. I then ask him what disk comes with it, as I had some trouble after reformatting my Travel Mate as i did not have the disk, He then surprise me by saying no disk, its all built in, Acer (or is it vista?) have a system where by you can recover the HD to original, ie reformat and reload all the programs to factory default. Just save your "Data" into the other partition of the HD he said it will all be there afther the format.
.
This I like, as when surfing the web, and doing work, my computer slow down on me, due to cookies, virus, spyware, malware and what not, and when I cant take it any longer, I will take it to the shop to reformat it again.
.
Well I will be getting the Notebook soon, after consulting with my Home & Finance Minister. J. My old Laptop will be for my 10 year old daughter to learn computers, after I have download all my item and reformat the hard drive.

No comments: