29 March 2008

Gadgets - Fuji FinePix S5700

This is my latest gadget, a 7.1mp Fuji FinePix S5700, with a 10 X Optical Zoom, 5 X Digital Zoom. Now I can start taking more serious photos. The SE K750i is a adequate camera phone but not in low light conditions, and it cannot zoom. Once i can get the hang of it i will start another blog for special photographs. Frankly I use to love taking photo in Low Light conditions, 25 years back.

The Camera Fuji FinePix S5700.

.

I purchase this from Lelong, from a Merchant "kohwp's Online Store" at this link http://www.lelong.com.my/merchant/default.asp?userid=kohwp. for a serious discount of the usual retail price. The Camera is a demo set, as such, i have to consider it use, and i "won" the auction just below the Quick Grab price.

.

The Package On arrival

.

Now usually i will not indicate who i purchase it from especially if it from Lelong. but I have to make a exception this time as frankly this person deliver what he promise. I email asking for additional details, reply within 4 hours, I Bank in the Money and e mail him at 1pm, by 9pm he e mail back that he has posted the item (Poslaju) and gave me the trekking number (Thu). I receive the item two days after that (Sat) because the item arrive at the local pos laju distribution center after the Posman have left on Friday.

.

Inside the Package (well protected)

What i got is the Camera, a Usb cable, a CD, and a User Manual. There is No Camera Case, No Lens Cap, No Strap, No Memory Card, No batteries. The Camera arrive with a slight Mark on the Side see photo below. (Which is to be expected for a demo set).

.

.

The Camera, Slight Mark at the Side

.

.

I purchase 4 AA Alkeline Battries, a card reader and a 2 GB SD card to start off. My additional shopping list will be, camera case, lens cover, camera strap, rechargeable battries and charger, lens hood, & a polarize filter. I will reuse my old trusty tripod which is 25+ years old if i can find it>

No comments: