9 February 2008

HP F380 All in one Printer

My latest gadget is an all in one printer, the HP F380.
.
.
I know it is not one of the latest in the market, it is old and most probably HP is ready to kick it out of the production line. One thing I learn with computer and it’s accessories it that if you can live with out one, do so, buy later, or buy one tier down from the latest etc, you can get your money worth.
.
.
As for the HP F380, I have been living with out a printer for quite some time now a year plus, but have been eyeing around for some time, and finally after pestering by my wife “ you take all the digital pictures but don’t print them out, what the point?”
.
.
I have use Cannon before with my desk top, but not the Epson or HP or Lenmark, the 4 big printer producers. Why did I decide on a HP? The main factor was ease of use for the scanner. While working and other wise, I have played around with a number of scanners, and HP interface seems to be the easiest to use. That was my deciding factor.
.
.
HPF380 is a all in one printer, it prints, it scan, it photocopy in black and in colour, but it does not fax, but then I do not have a land line at home, so Fax does not matter.
.
.
First impression On the HP F380 operations, its big, it’s all plastic, and frankly when you handle it, it feels fragile, especially with the scanner cover, the front door, and the ink door. When it is in operation the noise it make, I get scared, to me its noisy, it not the loudness, its the type of noise, its do not inspire confidence at all.
.
.
Installing the HP F380, Not much problem except that the first time it had conflict with one of my existing programs but the 2nd time when true, Installation when OK, Just follow instructions.
.
.
Operating the HP F380, Wife and my self like the print out, and to me speed was good even with colour. The Print out was clear, even the Photostat Function.
.
.
The Pro and Cons
.
.
Pro:
Cost, currently it is at RM220,(at the shop I got it from, level 6, Midland One Stop, Penang, the shop right in front of the escalator) that a printer and a scanner all in one.
.
Clarity: Colour Print and Black and White, it looks good to me and my wife, that testing with normal Double AA paper. Even the Photostat function.
.
.
Cons
.
As with all Ink Jet printers, Cost of printing is a major issue. A complete set cost of Black and Colour Cartridge cost RM110, I will be going for refills but it know that it will cost in terms of quality.
.
The noise, it is not loud, but the type of noise
.
.
Verdict: Overall, Good Value for money, especially for a Home Printer with occasion printing. It look like the Photocopy function will be in use more frequently than the printer function. The HP Solution Center also have a feature that is helpfull in creating albums

.

.

UPDATE I check out this printer at Lelong.com, got 3 listing, 2 for RM288, one for RM277, and that is with transportation saperate, I record i got a bargain! There was even a pouch bag Note:

For the past few posting, Blogger spell check does not work, wounder why?

No comments: