13 April 2007

Ching Ming, My Family Activities, Part 2

Continue from Ching Ming, My Family Activities, Part 1
We left Ayer Itam at 10.15 for our next stop, the Western Road Christian Cemetery, here we clean up 2 graves and place the flowers. It was very quite here. My Grandpa grave site is near the British Army section of the Grave yard, while my aunt is near the entrance.
Flowers Place at the Grave Site.
British Army Section of the Cemetery
Then it is onward to the Po Tay Buddist Temple, which allow a mixture of Taoist and Buddhist custom to be practice.
Interior View 1
Interior View 2
Offering, fore ground is what we brought in, Back ground are offerings prepared by the Temple Again my wife assisted me in setting up the prayer table, and joss stick is burn.
The bag of Paper Offerings. Please write name on Bag
When it was time the offering was burn, the offering was place in a paper bag with the name of my paternal grandparents, and was taken to burn.
What is inside the Bag?
Burning the Offerings
By this time it was 11.45 and it was time for lunch, at New World Park Food Court.
Photo taken with SE K750i on Fine Mode.

No comments: